Update Huawei Ascend D1 Quad XL to Jelly Bean can be done manually. My Huawei Ascend D1 Quad XL in my country (Indonesia) come with Ice Cream Sandwich OS. There still no official update ROM for this device from Huawei. If you still wanna taste the Jelly Bean on you D1 Quad XL, you can do following step.
The Jelly Bean ROM i got was from MIUI ROM and officially released by ATX Team. Even its still Beta, but it so powerful and can be used as day-to-day. As far i know, this Beta has more improvement than that some others dev that released unofficial MIUI V5 3.2.22 because i already used both.
Ok here is the specification about this ROM:
|ROM Name|| MIUI V5 3.3.22
|Based version||Official B542|
|Fit models|| The Huawei U9510E/D1 Quad XL
Update ROM MIUI V5 3.4.7 (more stable and some fix)
Note: remove h++p and change to http
And now, the installation part:
1. If your device has not been installed third party recovery, then refer to this How to root Huawei D1 Quad XL first.
2. Download the ROM above.
3. Put the zip ROM already downloaded to SDCARD
4. Reboot to Recovery Mode
5. Delete data and cache
6. Flash using ZIP from your SDCARD
8. If you need Google Apps, then download this http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip install it from recovery mode.
9. Done. Now you Huawei Ascend D1 Quad XL transform to Jelly Bean 4.1.2
Note: Before you flash the ROM, it doesnt matter if your device is already official ICS or JB, but better you first install the stock JB 4.1.2 as the foundation/first layer.
Here is some screenshot. I used it as day-to-day operation and has no problem at all, except its drain and heat your battery if you use 3G network a lot. But 2G is OK for me, i still can sync my 5 emails and 1 corporate email, twitter app, line, and whatsapp.